Portland-born, Brooklyn-based Keegan McHargue, whose colorful semi-figurative paintings are on view at the booth of Fredericks & Freiser, has been announced as the winner of the 2013 TX Contemporary Award. The $10,000 prize was announced at the TX Contemporary Art Fair at Houston’s George R. Brown Convention Center at 2 p.m.
Jurors Bill Arning of Houston’s Contemporary Arts Museum and Rita Gonzalez of LACMA also chose Pablo Siquier, showing at Sicardi, and Susan Giles, showing with Mission, for honorable mentions.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015