Nac Film Theory, a group of filmmakers based in Nacogdoches, Texas has released the sixth episode of “Caballero,” in which a lone hero tackles human trafficking and the sometimes deadly pursuit of the American dream. The latest 3-minute installment of the mud, blood, and drama saga is now in circulation on multimedia websites such as Comcast’s Houston’s Voice channel (also featuring Is it Art Yet? is a program produced monthly highlighting the Fine Arts Departments at HCC!) and Youtube.
Nac founders Gabriel Carmona and Branden Selman work to unite artists with interests in cinematography, screenwriting, and film production. Their new series follows the somewhat more tongue-in-cheek social activism of their documentary on “Librotrafficantes,” smuggling banned Mexican American history books into Tucson schools.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015