Google has outfitted cars, vans, trikes and snowmobiles to collect imagery of places like Antarctica, the Amazon and the Great Barrier Reef, and, a few weeks ago, sent a team of intrepid photo-mappers down the Bright Angel Trail and out the South Kaibab Trail to collect 360-degree imagery of America’s big trench using a backpack-mounted multi-camera.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015