A new weather-resistant fiberglass and aluminum crab by artist David Allgood was installed on August 25 in Rockport, replacing the 50s-era original, made from paper maché, that finally succumbed to decades of subtropical gulf weather back in the 1970s. The new blue crab, located at the entrance to Rockport Beach Park, measures 27 x 25′, even larger than the original, and cost $11,000. The Guinness Book of Records has been alerted.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015