A new weather-resistant fiberglass and aluminum crab by artist David Allgood was installed on August 25 in Rockport, replacing the 50s-era original, made from paper maché, that finally succumbed to decades of subtropical gulf weather back in the 1970s. The new blue crab, located at the entrance to Rockport Beach Park, measures 27 x 25′, even larger than the original, and cost $11,000. The Guinness Book of Records has been alerted.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015