The Dallas Observer chronicled the ups and downs of newly reopened Smoke and Mirrors Gallery and it proprietor, Jessica Luther on Saturday. Health problems caused Luther to close the outsider art gallery’s shop on Haskell Ave. next to Dolly Python, but a reinvented Smoke and Mirrors Gallery re-opened Saturday down the road at 406 arts (the old Phoenix Project) in a new mode: a Garage Sale Art Party, part low-budget exhibition in which every work was under $100, part club, with a $10 cover charge.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015