There’s no place like home, and the Galveston Art Center misses theirs, the 1878 First National Bank Building at 22nd and Strand, which at the time of hurricane Ike was being restored, and was luckily already shored up with scaffolding. They have done a lot of work on the building since Ike, but have much more to do before they will be able to return.
They are auctioning off some tremendous art donated by their friends and supporters tonight, Saturday, March 3, at 5:30 pm at GAC (in exile), 2501 Market at 25th Streets, Galveston. Free and open to the public- the live part of the auction begins at 6:30 pm.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015