Austin’s Mexic-Arte Museum will participate in the federal Institute of Museum and Library Services’s (IMLS) Museum Assessment Program (MAP), a federally-funded voluntary makeover that hopes to brush up the museum’s operations and strategic planning as its continued growth places it increasingly the limelight. Through guided self-study and on-site consultations with professional museum-polishers, Mexic-Arte, participation in MAP will help Mexic-Arte to better serve the citizens of Austin and meet the highest professional standards.
In related news, the Museum is enhancing it’s education programs by adding three new staffers: last September the Museum hired Alex Freeman as Education Director, this month they’re adding education coordinator Gabriela Santiago and education associate Mark Aguilar, Jr. to their ever-expanding team.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015