Quilts and quilting are big business for Karoline (Karey) Bresenhan, founder and president of Quilts, Inc., which organizes three big public quilt shows, including the recently concluded International Quilt Festival at Houston’s George R. Brown Convention center, which logged an estimated 60,000 visitors, six times the attendance of either of the recently concluded art fairs held at the same venue. After the Offshore Technology Conference, it’s the year’s biggest event at the GRB.
Bresenham is deeply involved in another project in Texas: the new Texas Quilt Museum, set to open on November 13 in LaGrange. The 10,000 square foot museum, at 140 Colorado St., in LaGrange’s downtown historic district occupies two re-purposed historic buildings and will contain a museum store, and the Pearce Memorial Library and Material Cultures Center, named for her grandmother. A grand opening with free admission all day on the 13th begins at 1pm.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015