Citing attendance of over 10,000, positive feedback from participating galleries, and solid sales, Texas Contemporary co-promoters Max Fishko and Jeffrey Wainhause of Brooklyn-based artMRKT Productions were delighted with the outcome of their Texas Contemporary fair, held a few weeks ago at Houston’s George R. Brown Convention Center and have committed to a second iteration of the fair in 2012.
Said Fishko, “I’m incredibly proud of the Texas Contemporary. The galleries, the programming and general layout of the fair all came together beautifully. We are very pleased with the response from collectors, curators and the general public alike and we are looking forward to returning next year. Houston was a tremendous success in so many ways; we were overwhelmed by the warm welcome that Texas extended to us.”
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015