In November 2011 the Washington On Westcott Roundabout Initiative (WOW) will break ground on the installation of its newest feature—“The Light Garden,” by artist Tim Glover. In the coming months, Glover’s three illuminated, tree-like sculptures will be ‘planted’ in the park setting of the roundabout at the intersection of Washington Ave. and Westcott St., near Memorial Park.
Beginning with construction of foundation pedestals to support the 25-foot, polished stainless steel structures, installation will take place in two stages. Two of the three sculptures will be in place by the end of January 2012—one on each side of Washington Avenue to form an arboreal gateway into the Avenue corridor heading downtown. Once additional funding is secured, the third will be installed at the confluence of Arnot Street with the Roundabout.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015