Austin artist Jennifer Chenoweth, has launched Generousart.org, the latest permutation mixing charity giving, cold cash commerce, online promotion, and art. Here’s the deal: sales from the site’s online gallery are split between the artist (40%), a nonprofit charity of the buyer’s choice (40%), and Generous art itself (20%). An event celebrating the soft launch of the new business will take place Sunday, June 26 from 10am ’til 2 p.m. at Fisterra Studio, 1200 East 2nd Street, Austin. Texas French Bread, Paula’s Turbo Mimosas, and live music by Redd Volkaert are promised.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015