Lee Rosenbaum’s Culture Grrl blog pre-empted its regularly-scheduled programming to highlight a new set of professional practice guidelines emanating from the Association of Art Museum Directors, currently meeting in Houston. Among changes since the last 10-yearly reconsideration, directors are now actually obligated to try not to acquire stolen works, collect for themselves rather than their institutions, and ought not to use their collections as collateral to leverage loans.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015