2011 Idea fund grantees Boozefox (an Austin collective consisting of Drew Liverman, Jules Buck Jones, Michael Phalan and Scott Eastwood) are planning a floating crystalline, tank-like object straight out of the 1977 war game “Ogre” plunked down in pacific Ladybird Lake to wreak mock havoc and sow mock terror next September. But they need real money: a kickstarter campaign in underway to supplement the Idea Fund money: $40 gets you a t-shirt, $1000 gets you dinner for two on the iceberg itself. So far they’ve collected $1254.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015