The McKinney Avenue Contemporary has moved quickly to confirm interim director Lisa Hees as its new Director. Hees has newly-minted (2009) BA in Art History from UT Arlington. Liliana Bloch, the former director, resigned in April citing health reasons. Founded in 1994 by Dallas arts patron Claude Albritton, who is still actively involved in the org, the MAC has weathered 17 edgy years under at least four directors, and artist advisory council, D.A.R.E. (Dallas Artist Research and Exhibitions), and all in the same blue building!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015