This year we are celebrating our 10th anniversary with a series of statewide events. First on the docket is DFW: on May 7, the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth is collaborating with Glasstire to present a panel on the topic of regionalism today. Robert Storr, dean of the Yale University School of Art and curator of the 2007 Venice Biennale; David Pagel, Los Angeles Times art critic and associate professor at Claremont Graduate University; Toby Kamps, curator of modern and contemporary art at The Menil Collection; and Michael Galbreth, one of The Art Guys; will join moderator Christina Rees, a Glasstire correspondent and director of Fort Worth Contemporary Arts, for a lively discussion about what regionalism means to the art world(s) of the 21st century.
The panel will be held at 11 a.m. on Saturday, May 7, 2011 in the auditorium of the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth and will be open to the public. Special thanks to the MAMFW, The Rachofsky House and to Dripping Springs vodka for their sponsorship of this event.
also by Rainey Knudson
- A Conversation With Dave Hickey - September 11th, 2016
- What Statement is the MFAH Making with “Statements”? - September 9th, 2016
- Exit Interview: Claudia Schmuckli - August 30th, 2016
- Meow Wolf: Dawn Of A New Art World - August 14th, 2016
- Immersion Art Part 1: Yayoi Kusama at MFAH - August 5th, 2016