A chipped depression-era mural titled "Agriculture and Industry," by Bernard Zakheim at the Rusk, TX post office is being restored by Nathan Zakheim, the artist’s son. A similar mural Zakheim painted for the Mineola Post Office in 1938 was removed and eventually deteriorated in a basement. Zakheim the younger is the guy who’s moving Peter Hurd’s giant 1952 mural,"The Future Belongs to Those Who Prepare for It," from the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston to a museum in Artesia, NM. Nathan’s got hopes of organizing a tour of the elder Zakheim’s holocaust work at Holocaust Museum Houston.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015