Houston art legend Bert Long, who passed out after a talk at the Galveston Arts Center and was hospitalized, is feeling beter and back at home. According to Long, "my heart stopped and I understand that only my pacemaker saved me." Long’s exhibition, Bert’s Red Book, of visionary works based on the Red Book of Carl Jung, opened during the January 22nd ArtWalk and remain on view through March 6, 2011.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015