The University of Texas’ Videogame Archive was begun three years ago, and the center has amassed more than 1,500 video games and about 200 linear feet of design documents, game proposals, correspondence and concept art about the 30-year old art form. Struggling with obsolecence of the equipment needed to run some of the earliest software, the center hopes theat preservation efforts will continue to keep the old games playable into the future.
also by Keith Plocek
- French & Michigan Gets into the Publishing Game - January 21st, 2015
- Demon Hill: Sittin’ Sideways - January 18th, 2011
- Work of Art: The End - August 11th, 2010
- Work of Art: Nine Down, One to Go - August 5th, 2010
- Work of Art: Cotton Up - July 21st, 2010