Houston’s Diverseworks is organizing DW2, an extensive program of workshops next spring, aimed at clueing-in a cadre of professional local artists with the skills they need to "achieve self employment through the arts." Beginning in February 2011, unappetizing, but nutritious, classes in marketing, public relations, promotion, finance, legalities and strategy are on the menu. The deadline for submissions from literary, performing and visual artists is December 17.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015