Houston’s 15th Annual Citywide African American Artists Exhibition is spreading the word for entries. The show opens on February 1, 2011 at the Community Artists Collective on Holman St., and at the University Museum at Texas Southern University. African-american artists living within 100 miles of Houston must notify Margaret Mims, the show’s coordinator, by December 15, then bring in up to 6 actual artworks for jurying. This year’s jurors are artist Robert Pruitt; Danielle Burns, Curator at The Gregory School and The Houston Museum of African Culture; and art collector Dr. Greg Shannon. The annual Citywide exhibition is sponsored by Five-A, the African American Art Advisory Association of the Museum of Fine Arts Houston.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015