Mexican artist Gabriel Kuri will give an artist’s talk with Blaffer Art Museum director and chief curator Claudia Schmuckli on Wednesday, November 3, at 6:30pm. Kuri’s first solo exhibition in a U.S. museum is on view at Blaffer through Nov. 13, 2010. Presented in conjunction with the celebration of the Mexican Bicentennial, Gabriel Kuri: Nobody needs to know the price of your Saab is a ten-year survey of sculptures and collages that chart our daily existence as a series of exchanges and transactions. The talk will be followed by a free reception. Free!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015