In honor of Halloween and my wish to always be SUPER when in reality I
remain extra-ordinarily human, I present Similar but Different #11: I am Superman.
Studio 360 on Superman with many men of steel…
William Pope L The Great White Way involved him crawling over a 22 mile stretch of Broadway and took five years to complete. For this performance he donned a capeless Superman outfit with a skateboard strapped to his back. Documentation of this performance was included in the 2002 Whitney Biennial.
And finally REM’s I am Superman from Lifes Rich Pageant invisioned by a 12 year old back in the 80’s… the decade of my childhood when we all thought we could do anything…
also by Margaret Meehan
- People in Your Neighborhood: Karen Weiner - May 10th, 2013
- Similar But Different #30: Art As Digestion - March 14th, 2013
- Yayoi Kusama: Princess of the Polka Dots - July 19th, 2012
- Seventeen Hundred Seeds: Cultivating Community As Art - June 2nd, 2012
- Similar but Different #29: The Rainbow Connection - May 23rd, 2012