The Menil collection has announced plans to publish a catalog raisonné of the drawings of Jasper Johns, a companion volume to the catalogue raisonné of Johns’s paintings and sculptures to be published by the Wildenstein Institute. Dr. Roberta Bernstein will be editor in chief of the allied projects. Independent art historian Kate Ganz will be the drawing catalogue’s senior editor. The Menil project will be overseen by Bernice Rose, Chief Curator of the Menil Drawing Institute and Study Center, who was formerly head of Special Exhibitions at Pace Wildenstein gallery. Although published separately, Guy Wildenstein, President of the Wildenstein Institute, and Josef Helfenstein, Director of the Menil Collection, have arranged that the two institutions will collaborate.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015