Peter Rand: I’d argue that the degree to which we search for (and are sometimes able to find) meaning in objects through association is one of our defining qualities as humans. The elevated state that this awareness can bring us to is observable; the viral Double Rainbow video being just one example. So my first question is, why was Donald Judd so adamant about making a work that requires us to ignore this precious faculty?
also by Theresa Bembnister
- The Ten List: Food and Art - March 2nd, 2011
- Do You Have What it Takes to Be an Intern? - December 31st, 2010
- Ian Hamilton Finlay at the Marfa Book Company - December 20th, 2010
- Ayn Foundation - December 15th, 2010
- Marfa Made Paper - December 1st, 2010