The 48th Annual National Championship Indian Pow Wow will take place Friday-Sunday at Traders Village in Grand Prairie. Dancers in full regalia of feather, buckskin, beadwork and bells compete in several categories. The Indian arts and crafts show features authentic Indian artists verified by the Bureau of Indian Affairs via their tribal enrollment numbers! Not to mention cultural heritage demonstrations, a teepee exhibit and Indian food. The event is sponsored by the Dallas/Fort Worth Inter-Tribal Association. Free admission, but parking is $3.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015