Seymour Fogel’s 1954 American National Bank Mural is saved! The Starr State Office Building at 6th and Colorado streets in downtown Austin, which houses the 11×30 foot piece was recently sold to Kemp Properties, who agreed to "include a permanent conservation easement that would preserve the Seymour Fogel Mural in place, in perpetuity." Bonded to a 3-inch slab of concrete, the mural was difficult to relocate, and in 2005, when the Texas General Land Office put the building up for sale, it’s fate was looking uncertain.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015