The latest email from Dallas artist Tracy Hicks has him two weeks into his Smithsonian Artist Research Fellowship, looking for a $1000 microscope attachment to photograph the skins of frogs preserved in the Smithsonian’s collections. It’s part of his emotionally charged, cross-disciplinary, cross-institutional comparisons of human and frog skin.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015