The latest email from Dallas artist Tracy Hicks has him two weeks into his Smithsonian Artist Research Fellowship, looking for a $1000 microscope attachment to photograph the skins of frogs preserved in the Smithsonian’s collections. It’s part of his emotionally charged, cross-disciplinary, cross-institutional comparisons of human and frog skin.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015