Textbook conceptual artist Dennis Oppenheim is interviewed in today’s Houston Chronicle by Douglas Britt. Oppenheim’s Radiant Fountains, a series of LED-lit giant splash sculptures at Bush Intercontnental Airport are nearing completion. Asked the inevitable, "what’s an earth-art guy like you doing art in a place like this? question, Oppenheim’s answer is poignant career advice: when "all the museums that want to support you have done so, and there’s no one left, you have to go and reinvent yourself."
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015