Textbook conceptual artist Dennis Oppenheim is interviewed in today’s Houston Chronicle by Douglas Britt. Oppenheim’s Radiant Fountains, a series of LED-lit giant splash sculptures at Bush Intercontnental Airport are nearing completion. Asked the inevitable, "what’s an earth-art guy like you doing art in a place like this? question, Oppenheim’s answer is poignant career advice: when "all the museums that want to support you have done so, and there’s no one left, you have to go and reinvent yourself."
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015