A dried deer penis, bootleg "Lost" DVDs, a pitcher of salami, bongs, cow dung toothpaste, guinea pig meat, counterfeit viagra…just a few of the objects seized over five days at JFK Airport. Artist Taryn Simon photographed them all for her upcoming book and exhibition "Contraband." You can check out some of the photos as you answer the burning question "What shouldn’t I pack?" in the The New York Times Magazine.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015