Corpus Christi City Council unanimously agreed to maintain arts funding, despite cuts in other areas. The city’s $668 million budget must be approved by the end of this month and takes effect Aug. 1. The the Harbor Playhouse, the Asian Cultures Museum, the South Texas Botanical Gardens & Nature Center, the Instituto de Cultura Hispanica, the Art Museum of South Texas, the Center for Hispanic Arts, the Corpus Christi Symphony and the Jazz Festival will continue to receive city subsidies.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015