Corpus Christi City Council unanimously agreed to maintain arts funding, despite cuts in other areas. The city’s $668 million budget must be approved by the end of this month and takes effect Aug. 1. The the Harbor Playhouse, the Asian Cultures Museum, the South Texas Botanical Gardens & Nature Center, the Instituto de Cultura Hispanica, the Art Museum of South Texas, the Center for Hispanic Arts, the Corpus Christi Symphony and the Jazz Festival will continue to receive city subsidies.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015