The 25th anniversary edition of Kaboom Town, the major-league fireworks display in Addison, Texas, went off as planned yesterday, despite intermittent rain and everpresent mud. The event cost the town an estimated $240,000; $50,000 for fireworks $55,000 for police overtime, with a historic warbird flyover, and a free movie afterwards. The Dallas ex-burb has been hosting the event for 25 years. The show, recommended by the American Pyrotechnics Association, attracts about 400,000 people each year.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015