SMU’s Meadows School of the Arts is adding a PhD program in art history, and has hired away UT Austin’s Latin American and Latino art expert Dr. Roberto Tejada as the new Distinguished Endowed Chair in Art History, all funded by an anonymous $2 million donation. Dr, Tejada is founder and now co-editor of the bilingual journal Mandorla: New Writing from the Americas which he will continue to publish at SMU. The new PhD program’s will focus on Latin America, Iberia and the Americas and the visual communication technology.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015