The International Museum of Art and Science in McAllen adds another wonder to its sculpture park, already home to the largest (replica) Olmec head outside of Mexico: a 124-foot, 7-ton wind turbine blade will descend (presumably from the sky, by helicopter, but the press release doesn’t specify) to its permanent spot outside the museum at 1pm on Friday, June 25. IMAS is asking rubberneckers to be on time, as it won’t take long.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015