The International Museum of Art and Science in McAllen adds another wonder to its sculpture park, already home to the largest (replica) Olmec head outside of Mexico: a 124-foot, 7-ton wind turbine blade will descend (presumably from the sky, by helicopter, but the press release doesn’t specify) to its permanent spot outside the museum at 1pm on Friday, June 25. IMAS is asking rubberneckers to be on time, as it won’t take long.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015