1300 boxes of photos from the storied Magnum photo agency are now avaliable for public perusal and research at the University of Texas’ Harry Ransom center in Austin. The 210,00 prints are on loan to the university for five years from computer magnate Michael Dell’s MSD capital, which bought them last year from Magnum. The collection is accessible in the Ransom Center’s reading room on weekdays from 9-5, with an online inventory. In addition to cataloging and preserving the Magnum archive, The Ransom center will also award fellowships for research.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015