Austin’s Blanton Museum of art has raised the $200,000 it needed to meet a challenge grant from philanthropists Teresa and Joe Long. The Longs pledged $100,000 to bring Matisse as Printmaker and the pricey Turner to Monet shows to the Blanton, showcasing Nineteenth-century artists whose works are rarely seen in Texas.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015