The Métamatic Research Initiative, aiming to "stimulate research into ideas stemming from the work and philosophy of the French-Swiss artist Jean Tinguely", is looking for proposals for art making machines, and will fund six projects. Tinguely was one of the initiators of the Nouveau Réalisme movement in 1960, and is a subject of the "Documents of Nouveau Realist Performance" currently at the Menil. The deadline is June 1.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015