Renowned saxophone improvisationalists John Butcher and Joe McPhee will perform together in two Texas art installations this month. First in Houston, on April 14 at the Menil Collection’s Richmond Hall amid the Dan Flavin lights (8pm, free), and again next Saturday, April 17, at The Hill, James Magee’s mysterious desert art compound in Cornudas, Texas (reserve your seats now, seating is limited) Presented by tireless impresarios of avant-garde music Nameless Sound, the Menil Collection and the Cornudas Mountain Foundation.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015