Renowned saxophone improvisationalists John Butcher and Joe McPhee will perform together in two Texas art installations this month. First in Houston, on April 14 at the Menil Collection’s Richmond Hall amid the Dan Flavin lights (8pm, free), and again next Saturday, April 17, at The Hill, James Magee’s mysterious desert art compound in Cornudas, Texas (reserve your seats now, seating is limited) Presented by tireless impresarios of avant-garde music Nameless Sound, the Menil Collection and the Cornudas Mountain Foundation.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015