The Dallas Museum of Art has added Marlene Dumas’ For Whom The Bell Tolls, Jim Hodge’s and still this, and Yayoi Kusama’s sculpture Accumulation to its contemporary art collection. It acquired the thre pieces jointly with the Rachofsky Collection with money from the the DMA/amfAR Benefit Auction Fund. Kusama’s piece is the first of hers to enter the DMA. The new pieces will be featured in future installations of the collection.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015