After months of restoration the Orange Show Monument will re-open Saturday, March 6, with a free outdoor event consisting of a blessing ceremony, where various herbs and smudging sticks will be used to promote positive energy and good luck for the year to come, St Arnold’s beer. Danza Azteca Teokalli de Houston, the traditional Aztec group performing the blessing will then dance from 1:30- 2pm. Later, kids will make trophies for presentation to the winners of this year’s Art Car parade.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015