After months of restoration the Orange Show Monument will re-open Saturday, March 6, with a free outdoor event consisting of a blessing ceremony, where various herbs and smudging sticks will be used to promote positive energy and good luck for the year to come, St Arnold’s beer. Danza Azteca Teokalli de Houston, the traditional Aztec group performing the blessing will then dance from 1:30- 2pm. Later, kids will make trophies for presentation to the winners of this year’s Art Car parade.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015