James Tisdale’s ceramic sculpture, Squirrely, was announced the people’s choice among the 138 pieces of art displayed in this year’s City of Austin People’s Gallery show. The blue-faced, anthropomorphic squirrel, clutching a nut to it’s chest, was not intended as an interactive piece, but quickly became surrounded by coins and other small offerings from the 1600 visitors to the show’s opening. Squirrley and his offerings will reside on the first floor of City Hall Austin during the 2010 exhibition.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015