Along with the usual commission announcements, meeting updates and program reminders, last week’s Houston Arts Alliance newsletter included a a bizarre plug for “The Studio Protector,” an elaborate wall-mounted chart with spinning dials and pull-out tabs that provides “detailed information about what to do in the minutes before a disaster strikes, how to clean up after a calamitous event and how to salvage fire and water damaged items.” OK, it’s a PSA for artists in this hurricane-and-flood-prone town, but they’re not handing them out free: it’s on sale at the HAA offices for $10 each. A new fundraising effort aimed at pessimists?
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015