Computer billionaire Michael Dell’s MSD Capital Group has bought about 185,000 photographs from the 1930’s to 1998 in the archive collection of the renowned Magnum photo agency. Dell, a UT dropout, will loan the prints to UT’s Harry Ransome Center for five years for exhibitions and research. Magnum, still in business, will retain copyright to the images, and is considering how to best spend it’s windfall from it’s houscleaning.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015