In case your recollection of the world’s most ostentatious achievements needs updating, the world’s tallest building, the 818 meter Burj Dubai opened yesterday. It’s way taller than the 508m Taipei 101 tower (that’s in Taiwan for those of you who need your geography updated as well) and the 629m KVLY-TV mast in North Dakota, making it the world’s tallest building, freestanding structure, and man-made structure of any kind ever built on the planet. Cool, in a Frankensteinian, acrophobic way.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015