Last Monday was the ribbon-cutting ceremony for the new archival wing of the Houston Public Library’s beloved "Spanish Renaissance" style Julia Ideson building. The downtown landmark’s appendage will house the Houston Metropolitan Research Center in a state-of the art 21,500 square-foot facility, with an open-air reading room, palm trees, but no Starbucks (yet). It is scheduled to open to the public early in 2010.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015