Spacetaker’s Winter Holiday Art Market at Houston’s Winter St. Studios begins this Friday, November 20 from 5-10 pm, and continues Saturday 11am-8pm at 2101 Winter Street, Houston. The nonprofit artist resource center Spacetaker hosts WHAM to afford local artists the chance to showcase and sell their work to the general public, and promote the city’s creative community. Since its launch three years ago, WHAM has generated approximately $123,000 for more than 150 local artists. Featuring work by Houston Studio Glass, Hello Lucky, and Black Swan Screen Printing, as well as a special Student Exhibition with the Contemporary Arts Museum Teen Council; Music by Music Heals and PeteSimple.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015