Britain’s oldest museum, The Ashmolean in Oxford, reopened this month after a £61m renovation that doubled its exhibition space. No longer merely a cabinet of curiosities (the Ashmolean once housed the world’s only extant stuffed Dodo bird) or a palace of art, its new installation was re-imagined by the museum’s director, Dr Christopher Brown, former chief curator at the National Gallery in London, on a loosey goosey theme "Crossing Cultures Crossing Time" emphasizing connections rather than divisions. Hmm.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015