Austin artists Angel Quesada and Lannea Brooks were arrested on Saturday, October 24th while painting on a concrete guardrail on Lyons Street in East Austin during Austin’s October graffiti crackdown. The Travis County Attorney’s Office has charged the pair with "Graffiti," a class A misdemeanor which can carry a fine of up to $4,000 and/or a year in jail. They have posted a petition online asking that charges be dropped because of their reputations, and the aesthetic quality and good intentions of their admittedly unofficial artwork.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015