Austin artists Angel Quesada and Lannea Brooks were arrested on Saturday, October 24th while painting on a concrete guardrail on Lyons Street in East Austin during Austin’s October graffiti crackdown. The Travis County Attorney’s Office has charged the pair with "Graffiti," a class A misdemeanor which can carry a fine of up to $4,000 and/or a year in jail. They have posted a petition online asking that charges be dropped because of their reputations, and the aesthetic quality and good intentions of their admittedly unofficial artwork.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015