Inbound Houston, artist Karyn Olivier’s billboard intervention project, is up, and the advertising messages on 13 boards, mostly along IH 59 in Houston, have been replaced with photos that simulate what you would see if the board wasn’t there. This google map tells where. It’s beautiful weather for a freeway cruise, but don’t forget to keep your eyes on the road! Olivier will also work with University of Houston students enrolled in Mitchell Center Mentorships to produce other projects in the community.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015