The University of North Texas opened it’s new 2400sf Institute for the Advancement of the Arts gallery on the west side of downtown Denton’s historic square last Wednesday, October 21. A committee of UNT deans chose Academy Award-nominated screenwriter Guillermo Arriaga is the institute’s first artist-in-residence, and two faculty fellows: composer Cindy McTee and photographer Dornith Doherty, whose show, Archiving Eden II, at Dallas’ Holly Johnson Gallery runs through November 14.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015