Artist Charles Huntley Nelson died last week from complications following a stroke, art critic Jerry Cullum reports in his blog. Nelson was suffering from advanced stomach cancer. Originally from Houston and a graduate of HSPVA, Nelson was Assistant Professor of Art at Morehouse College in Atlanta. The artist had a solo show a Project Row Houses in 2006 and a preview of Nelson’s work-in-progress film and installation based on Jean-Luc Godard’s Alphaville is currently on view at the Atlanta Contemporary Art Center. The artist leaves behind a wife and two children.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015