Artist Charles Huntley Nelson died last week from complications following a stroke, art critic Jerry Cullum reports in his blog. Nelson was suffering from advanced stomach cancer. Originally from Houston and a graduate of HSPVA, Nelson was Assistant Professor of Art at Morehouse College in Atlanta. The artist had a solo show a Project Row Houses in 2006 and a preview of Nelson’s work-in-progress film and installation based on Jean-Luc Godard’s Alphaville is currently on view at the Atlanta Contemporary Art Center. The artist leaves behind a wife and two children.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015